SAYYARA HUN MAIN, ISHQ MERA SUFIYANA…..
(I’m a ‘Celestial Body’, a person who serves others, not myself, and my love is mystical)…..
Sanshrey (Community Media Initiative)—one of the important programs of Aseem Asha Foundation through—provides media training to its beneficiaries so that they can make documentary films on different kinds of social issues. But this time the volunteers have taken a unique step by making a vlogging series named “SAYYARA HU MAIN ISHQ MERA SUFIANA”.
In this series, there is also one documentary film series named “SUFIYANA QISSE BY GHULAM RASOOL DEHLVI” which is being made parallel to the vlogging series. The documentary series is presented by a young Sufi Lover, Influencer and Writer, MR. GHULAM RASOOL DEHLVI.The vlogging series “SAYYARA HU MAIN ISHQ MERA SUFIYANA” is presented by 13 selected volunteers of ASEEM ASHA FOUNDATION.
The main purpose of this series is to preserve and promote the composite Indian culture, Sufi tradition and our syncretic civilisation through digital inclusion mainly for the young generations.
First episode of the vlogging series was made on the TEACHERS’ DAY in which the participants covered the Dargahs of HAZRAT NIZAMUDDIN AULIYA and his disciple HAZRAT AMEER KHUSRAU and talked about “GURU SHISHYA PARAMPARA”. The students also took part in various activities such as:
- Langar Distribution: Saqib, Sumaira, Tarun & Shakir of INAYAT KHANA (Community Kitchen) of Aseem Asha Foundation prepared food for the poor and needy. They distributed Langar among 40-50 people.
- Chadar Decoration: Sumaira, Hiba & Adiba of Aahang Program decorated the Chadar which was spread on the shrines of Sufi Saints.
- Chadar Poshi: The boys participants went to the shrines for Chadar Poshi
- Sketching & Calligraphy: Adiba, Sumaira & Hiba of Aahang Program did calligraphy and made live dargah sketches.
- Singing: Prashant, Hasan, Sumaira & Saqib of AahangProgram sang some Sufi songs.
- Camera & Sound Handling : Shakir, Hasan, Adnan & Tarun of Sanshrey program shot the cinematic shots, cutaways, photographs, sound clips etc.
- Storytelling (Vlogging): Hasan, Ilma & Shakir were the main vloggers and Adnan, Saqib & Hiba narrated the story while others shared their experiences.
- Heritage Walk: All the community members explored the unexplored and neglected richness of the places.
Recently the volunteers covered 2 more dargahs.
Vlog-1 is out on the YouTube channel namely, “ASEEM ASHA FOUNDATION”.
Vlog-2 is about the dargah of HAZRAT BAKHTIAR KAKI, which is also available online now.
Except for the upper mentioned activities, the volunteers also participated in Sufi Quiz & did some Indian traditional wall painting with mirrors and permanent colors on walls and calligraphy on flower pots and wrote KAKI with candles which was unique and beautiful.
Vlog-3 covered the dargah of HAZRAT SHEIKH SHAHABUDDIN ASHIQ ALLAH which is under production at the time of writing this report. Dargah Ashiq Allah was visited to promote greenery as this Dargah is in the middle of the jungle in Mehrauli. Children got an opportunity to have a heritage walk and nature walk. The partakers did the above-mentioned activities but also did some outstanding deeds to preserve the dargah. They cleaned the dargah, stacked and polished the shoes which were scattered on the stairs of the dargah.
In both dargahs Plant Distribution Drive took place. The participants calligraphed the name of five famous CHISTIs on the pots which were kept on the dargah of HAZRAT BAKHTIAR KAKI for the public display. The Plant Distribution Drive is being done to promote environmental activities, conserve the environment & concern about nature. It also aims to inspire the youth towards nature & culture preservation and understand the present scenario of the environment and tackle the environmental issues.
Aseem Asha Foundation is a non-governmental, not-for-profit and enrolled altruistic trust which is broadly working in the field of Education, Art, Literature & Culture and provides vocational training to the children. It touches different social issues like Poverty Eradication, Environmental Issues, Art, Literature & Culture etc. and tries to solve it by distributing Langar, by Plant Distribution Drive, by performing Visual Art Activities on Dargahs, etc.. The main purpose of Aseem Asha Foundation is to empower the youth and address their issues very creatively and educationally.